Now that The Cat Group is well established, Affiliate members are being sought to participate in the activities of the Group. There are already 18 Affiliate members who include pharmaceutical companies, a university, a pet food manufacturer and a number of welfare and rescue organisations.
Affiliate members receive:
Affiliate members are asked to provide:
- Current policy documents as they are finalised
- Draft policy statements and discussion documents and the opportunity to comment upon these
- Requests for future topics for discussion
- List of Cat Group members and Affiliate member contacts
- Profile sheet on members and Affiliates
- List of additional useful feline contacts
- List of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and answers
- Information about, and reduced rates to, Cat Group seminars
- Listing on The Cat Group website
- Information on meetings with topics of feline interest
- The opportunity to attend an annual Open Meeting with other Affiliates and the Full members of the Group.
The 2004 meeting is likely to be held in the Midlands in November.
- Information about their company or organisation, in particular its special interest or activities in reference to cats
- Response to draft papers
- Topics for discussion
- Annual fee of £100 to support the work of the Group
- Affiliates registering a special interest or work in particular areas of feline health or welfare may be invited to join relevant Cat Group working parties (covering their own expenses).
Each organisation is asked to nominate one person to be its contact with The Cat Group. Most correspondence will be via e-mail.
If you would like to know more about Affiliate membership, please contact Claire Bessant or Sue Edwards at The Cat Group Secretariat on email@example.com